Traditionally gluten free pancakes tend to be enjoyed with sweet toppings - but have you ever tried savoury gluten free pancakes before? More importantly, you HAVE to try my gluten free baked savoury pancakes!
Stuffed with a ham, cheese and spinach filling, my gluten free baked savoury pancakes are a cheap, quick and tasty gluten free dinner idea.
Perfect for a gluten free Pancake Day
I'm all for a traditional gluten free crêpe topped with lemon and sugar. But if you're making a batch of my amazing-every-time gluten free pancakes, you might as well have them for dinner and dessert, right?
These gluten free baked crêpes are just amazing in every way. They're so quick to make and are absolutely delicious. Plus there's lots of goodness in the spinach too!
This recipe makes two gluten free baked savoury pancakes which is perfect for a light dinner for two. However, you can easily adjust the quantities.
These would also be amazing served up with my gluten free smashed potatoes and some salad on the side for a more substantial meal.
My gluten free pancakes recipe
To make my gluten free baked savoury pancakes you'll firstly need to whip up a batch of my gluten free pancakes recipe.
These pancakes are really simple to make and you can also make a big batch ahead of time and keep them in the fridge. Perfect if you wanted to make these with any leftovers!
My gluten free baked savoury pancakes recipe
Here you go - the perfect Shrove Tuesday dinner idea! Here are my gluten free savoury baked pancakes with ham, cheese and spinach!
Don't forget you'll need to make a batch of my gluten free pancakes up first before you bake them into this tasty treat.
And please do leave a review to let others know you loved it too! It would mean the world to me.
Sign Up To The Gluten Free 101 Newsletter!
- 2 x gluten free pancakes from this recipe
- 120g frozen chopped spinach
- 3 slices of ham
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche
- 80g grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180'C / Gas 6.
- Place the frozen spinach in a bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes until defrosted.
- Chop the ham into small pieces and add to the spinach along with the crème fraîche and half of the grated Cheddar cheese. Mix together well.
- Lay out the pancakes and spread half of the mixture down the centre of each. Roll up the sides of the pancake and then place both in an ovenproof dish.
- Cover with the rest of the grated cheese and bake for 12-15 minutes until the pancakes are golden and the cheese has melted. Tuck in and enjoy hot.
Need some more gluten free pancake inspiration?
If you want to have a go at some of the other gluten free pancake recipes on the blog, why not give some of these a try? They’re perfect for Shrove Tuesday!
- My gluten free Mini Egg pancakes
- Gluten and dairy free gin and tonic pancakes
- Gluten free buckwheat pancakes
And if you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next!
Oh – and don’t forget to sign up for my e-newsletter where you’ll know about all my latest posts and competitions first!
Like this baked savoury pancakes recipe? Pin this recipe card below for later!