If you’re looking for an easy gluten free dinner or brunch recipe, look no further than my gluten free chorizo and sweetcorn hash.
This is a super easy dish to throw together, a great way to use up leftover cooked potatoes, and more importantly, SO moreish. I’ve eaten this three times in the last week already, I can’t get enough!
The idea for my chorizo and sweetcorn hash came from a cafe local to us. People kept saying how good theirs was, but it wasn’t gluten free. So I decided to make my own version!
I had some cooked potatoes leftover from the previous night’s dinner and really, it all went from there. Simply add the other ingredients, crack in some eggs and bung it in the oven. Bish, bosh, bash, done.
Once I got the timings nailed, this turned into a recipe which is so versatile it can be used for any meal!
The spicy chorizo pairs perfectly with the runny yolks, and I love it with some fresh parsley sprinkled on top for extra flavour and colour.
I normally share this dish with my partner Steve as a kind of brunch/pre-lunch snack, but to be honest I would eat the whole thing on my own too as a meal!
The perfect gluten free brunch – or dinner!
I’m definitely trying to create more recipes at the moment which are one-pan-wonders or just really simple to cook.
This reflects my usual style of cooking! Sometimes I love nothing more than to set aside a few hours to bake, or to cook a really special dinner.
But usually time is precious (and somewhat rare) so I need quick and easy meals I can throw together after the gym, or while I’m working.
I know a lot of you guys feel the same – so I’ll definitely be publishing more quick and easy meal ideas in the coming months.
If there’s anything you’d like to see then please do let me know!
Or if you have a go-to midweek meal you love cooking, please do share it with me. I love finding new recipes which quickly become a household favourite.
My chorizo and sweetcorn hash recipe
If you want a gluten free dinner recipe you can just make over and over again, then you quite simply need to make this chorizo and sweetcorn hash.
It’s just so simple and easy and I think it’s become a new favourite in our house! It’s also dairy free, and if you want to make it vegetarian you could try adding tomatoes or peppers instead of chorizo.
Don’t forget to let me know if you give it a try!
- 400 g cooked potatoes, (in approx 1-inch cubes)
- 75 g chopped chorizo
- 1 small red onion, (finely chopped)
- 150 g tinned sweetcorn
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large eggs, (or 4 if you want 2 per person!)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180'C. Add the olive oil to a frying pan (or ovenproof skillet) and heat on a medium heat.
- Add the chorizo and onions and fry for 2-3 minutes until the onions soften. Next add the sweetcorn and potato and fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring until everything is mixed together.
- If using a frying pan, transfer the potato-mix into an ovenproof dish. Make little wells for the eggs using a spoon and crack them into the wells.
- Place in the oven for approx 8 minutes, or until the whites have just set. Take out of the oven, sprinkle with salt, pepper and the chopped parsley and serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 portion
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 580Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 312mgSodium: 740mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 7gSugar: 7gProtein: 27g
Need some more gluten free dinner or brunch inspiration?
If you want to have a go at some of the other easy gluten free meal recipes on the blog, why not give some of these a try? Some are vegan, some are dairy free and all of them are gluten free, but they’re all delicious!
- For dinner: My easy gluten free frittata with chorizo, asparagus and goats’ cheese
- Brunch: Gluten free chocolate and banana French toast
- For dinner: Gluten free Mexican frittata recipe
- Brunch: Gluten free bread baskets with bacon crumble
If you do make this recipe please let me know! I’d love to see your photos using #theglutenfreeblogger, share them in my Facebook group or tag me on Instagram. And if you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next! Oh – and don’t forget to sign up for my e-newsletter where you’ll know about all my latest posts and competitions first!