This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
I love a quick and easy frittata recipe, and this gluten free Mexican frittata is the perfect midweek meal.
It's the perfect amount of spiciness and is topped with a tangy tomato and avocado salsa. It's also really cheap to throw together and cooks in the oven in around half-an-hour.
So what goes into my gluten free Mexican frittata?
Well, it's a wonderful mix of peppers, sweetcorn, onion, tomatoes, Mexican cheddar, jalapeños and black beans.
Coupled with the eggs it's a good boost of protein and a great way to get some of your five-a-day.
I would serve this up with a salad dressed with lime juice, or maybe some spicy sweet potato wedges too.
An easy gluten free dinner
You can also eat this gluten free Mexican frittata cold, so you could make an extra one and portion it up for lunches.
I love meals like this which are easy to eat cold too, it makes them great for an easy meal prep.
You could also try my gluten free sweet potato, feta and roasted pepper frittata next if you need some more easy gluten free meals to try!
A quick and easy meal idea
I love creating new combinations for gluten free frittatas, so if there are any you have tried and loved, then please let me know about them!
Perhaps I will work my way through the cuisines - I wonder what a curry-inspired frittata would be like?
Or maybe a pizza-style one!? Now we're talking!
If you wanted to make this for a lunchbox you could also turn it into egg muffins like my gluten free smoked salmon and chive egg muffins recipe.
Perhaps I will make a larger version of these next as I do think salmon, egg and chives is the perfect combination.
But for now I am happy with my gluten free Mexican frittata - I love the little spicy kicks you get from the jalapeños and the Mexican Cheddar!
My gluten free Mexican frittata recipe
It's time to get cooking and whip up my gluten free Mexican frittata recipe!
Don't forget to tag me on Instagram and use #theglutenfreeblogger if you give this a go.
I love seeing your recipes and even more so when you put your own twist on them - inspire me!
Gluten free Mexican frittata recipe
- 8 large eggs, (lightly beaten)
- 2 peppers, (chopped)
- 100 g sweetcorn
- 1 small red onion, (chopped)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, (halved)
- 1 small handful sliced jalapeños, (finely chopped)
- 100 g tinned black beans, (drained)
- 50 g Mexican Cheddar, (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 clove garlic, (crushed)
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp sunflower oil, (to grease the pie dish)
- ½ ripe avocado, (diced)
- 4 cherry tomatoes, (chopped into 4)
- Juice of one lime
- Coriander leaves, (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180'C. Melt the coconut oil in a large frying pan and then add the peppers, onion, tomatoes, jalapeños, garlic, sweetcorn, black beans, chilli powder, cayenne pepper and paprika. Season with a little salt.
- Fry for 4-5 minutes on a low-med heat, until the veg starts to soften a little. Turn off the heat and pour the contents into a greased, 22cm pie dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top and then carefully pour the beaten egg over the top. Gently mix to ensure there is an even mix.
- Pop in the middle of the oven for around 30 minutes, until set completely and golden on top. Remove and cut into slices.
- To top the frittata, mix the avocado, tomatoes and coriander in the lime juice and pile on top of the frittata to serve.
Need some more gluten free meal inspiration?
If you want to have a go at some of the other gluten free meal recipes on the blog, why not give some of these a try?
- My easy gluten free frittata with chorizo, asparagus and goats’ cheese
- Gluten free brie and asparagus quiche
- Gluten free sweet potato, feta and roasted pepper frittata
If you do make this recipe please let me know! I’d love to see your photos using #theglutenfreeblogger, share them in my Facebook group or tag me on Instagram.
And if you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next!
Oh – and don’t forget to sign up for my e-newsletter where you’ll know about all my latest posts and competitions first!