This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
It's way too hot to cook, and I've definitely been all about the minimal-time, minimal-effort dinners at the moment.
Which is why this gluten free frittata with asparagus, goats' cheese and chorizo is perfect!
This is a delicious summer meal which can be prepared in a short amount of time, and eaten hot or cold.
In fact, this would be great made the night before and then packed in a gluten free picnic with some other goodies like my gluten free scotch eggs!
I think chorizo and goat's cheese is an amazing combination, and one which definitely shouts 'summer'.
With the tenderstem and asparagus you'll also make sure you're getting a good dose of greens, and this is even better when served up with a salad too.
This gluten free crustless quiche recipe is so versatile as well.
You could easily change up the ingredients and make whatever flavour combinations you like!
I also like it because it's a great one if you're after a low carb and high protein meal.
And it tastes so good!
To make this recipe I find it best to use a silicone cake tin - as this way you can just pop the quiche out once it's cooked.
However, if you're using a metal or ceramic tin I'd recommend greasing it with a little oil or butter first so you don't get the quiche stuck!
My gluten free frittata recipe
Chorizo, asparagus and goat's cheese frittata
This is a simple summer recipe for a gluten free frittata. Low carb, high protein and so delicious - it's so easy to make on a hot day!
- 100 g chopped chorizo
- 5-6 asparagus tips
- 5-6 tenderstem broccoli
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 9 large large eggs
- 70 g soft goats' cheese, (broken up into small chunks)
- 1 tsp virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180'C. Meanwhile, add the chorizo and olive oil to a frying pan and fry on a high heat for 2-3 minutes, until the chorizo starts to crisp up a little.
- Slice the tenderstem and asparagus lengthways and add to the pan with the chorizo. Fry for an extra minute then remove from the heat.
- Add the eggs to a large measuring jug and mix well. Add the chorizo, asparagus and tenderstem, along with the spinach and goats' cheese. Mix well.
- Pour into a round silicone cake tin (or greased metal/ceramic tin) and make sure the filling is evenly distributed. Bake in the centre of the oven for around 15 minutes until the centre is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and either eat or cool completely and refrigerate ready to eat cold. Will keep for a couple of days in the fridge.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 449mgSodium: 595mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 26g
Need some more summer meal ideas?
If you’ve made this gluten free frittata and you're after some more summer meal ideas, here are a few I made earlier...
- Gluten free pork koftas with garlic yoghurt dip
- Gluten free brie and asparagus quiche (this one has a crust!)
- King prawn skewers with mango, coriander and coconut
If you do make this recipe please let me know!
I’d love to see your photos using #theglutenfreeblogger, share them in my Facebook group or tag me on Instagram.
And if you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next!
shouldn't there be milk in this? it seems to have cooked slower and i'm concerned that the texture will not be right. any tips?