One of the foods I miss the most, being a coeliac, is cheesy Doritos. Odd, I know, but I've never found a gluten free cheese Doritos alternative and this made me sad. Until I stumbled across some new gluten free cheese flavour nachos in Tesco!
These bad boys are gluten free, wheat free and dairy free - and they taste proper cheesy! Some gluten free nacho alternatives can be a bit bland but I was pleased to see these were delightfully orange and full of flavour - a close alternative to fill that Doritos-shaped hole in my diet!
I'd been craving a good plate of nachos, so decided this was the only thing for it, to stop me demolishing the entire bag in one sitting in front of the television! I decided to top mine with a simple salsa, mozzarella and guacamole combination, but you could really mix it up and try beef or bean chilli, pulled pork or spicy chicken instead.
Gluten free cheese-loaded nachos
Serves two (hungry!) people
1 bag Tesco free from cheese flavour nachos
1 jar Tesco mild salsa dip
One small red onion
5 plum tomatoes
Grated mozzarella to top
- Preheat the oven to 180'C
- In two bowls, divide the nachos equally (or do it in one big one if you want it as a sharing platter, it's up to you)
- Pour over the salsa, and then top with plenty of mozzarella. Place the bowls in the oven for 5-10 minutes so the cheese melt.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole. Finely chop the onion and add to a food processor with the tomatoes and roughly chopped coriander. Scoop out the avocado flesh and add this too.
- Juice the lime and add to the food processor. Blitz until smooth (I prefer a few chunks in my guacamole, but it's up to you).
- Remove the nacho bowls from the oven, loads up with the guacamole and serve!
NB - If you save any of the guacamole, keep the avocado stones in it to stop it from going brown. Oh, and you may want some napkins for the nachos - they get messy!