This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
After reading a post of my friend Hannah's blog about chunky guacamole, I realised I had never attempted making what is one my FAVOURITE dips, so I set off on my mission.
Guacamole is a wonder food - full of good fats and skin-friendly vitamin E, as well as tasting absolutely fantastic and being gluten free.
So I decided to follow in Hannah's footsteps and create a yummy treat to go with my lunch.....and it's so quick and simple to make!
Chunky gluten free guacamole
Three ripe avocados
One small red onion
Half a lemon
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stones and scoop the flesh into a bowl, in rough chunks
- Juice the half a lemon over the avocado to stop it going brown (TIP: Keep the stones and put them in the bowl with the guacamole when it is done, this will stop it going brown!)
- Finely dice the red onion and add to the avocado
- Scoop the flesh from the tomato and add to the onion and avocado. You could finely dice the whole thing but I prefer not to have chunks of tomato in mine.
- Roughly mash with a fork until you have a chunky mix (as pictured above and below)
- Keep in the fridge and try to eat within a day or two, before it starts to discolour!
I had my guacamole with chicken (roasted with a coating of chilli, tumeric and paprika) and steamed asparagus and kale with some leftover pasta bake from the night before - yum!
Guacamole: how do you eat yours?