This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
Last week I posted my gluten free chorizo and sweetcorn hash and it was such a hit, I've decided to make a vegetarian version too! A lot of people asked me if you could make it with sweet potato, which has inspired this new recipe. Say hello to my gluten free sweet potato and feta hash.
Want to get straight to it? Skip to the recipe.
In short, this recipe is pretty similar to my last version - only with a few tweaks. So if you loved my chorizo and sweetcorn hash, you'll hopefully love this too! I wanted to add feta because I think it's sharpness is the perfect pairing against the sweet potato. I also flavoured the dish with my favourite topping - Za'atar.
What is za'atar I hear you ask? Well, if you haven't used this on your eggs before, prepare to have your mind blown. It's a spicy topping including thyme, oregano, marjoram, sesame seeds, sumac and salt. It creates this delicious flavour bomb with an awesome crunch from the seeds. I love it with both feta and eggs so putting in my gluten free sweet potato and feta hash was a no-brainer really.
A great gluten free brunch idea
I love this gluten free sweet potato and feta hash because it's so versatile. It makes a great weeknight dinner, but also doubles up as the perfect breakfast or brunch recipe. I think basically anything with eggs in is a go for a gluten free brunch, right!? It's super quick and cheap to make too! This recipe probably suits two people - or one very hungry person - so if you're making it for more, just double/triple the quantities and the size of the pan you use!
I like to also top this sweet potato and feta hash with some chopped parsley to add a touch of colour, but it would also work really well with fresh coriander too. It's basically super versatile - and if you wanted to combine it with my chorizo and sweetcorn hash and add everything into the mix then go crazy - the more variations of this recipe, the better in my eyes!
Gluten free sweet potato and feta hash
Here it is, my gluten free sweet potato and feta hash - the perfect brunch or dinner recipe. You can make this for one-to-two people, or double the quantities for an even bigger serving!
- 400 g cooked sweet potato , (in approx 1-inch cubes)
- 100 g feta, (rougly crumbed/chopped)
- 150 g tinned sweetcorn
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tsp za'atar, (plus extra for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat the oven to 180'C. Add the olive oil to an ovenproof skillet and heat on a medium heat.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet and heat on a medium heat. Then add the sweetcorn, za'atar and sweet potato to the pan. Fry on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Next crumble in the feta, stir well then take off the heat. Make 2 wells and crack the eggs into them. Sprinkle with a little extra za'atar and then place in the oven for approx 8 minutes, or until the whites have just set.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt and pepper and the chopped coriander and serve hot.
Serving Size:1 portion
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 231mgSodium: 632mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 9gSugar: 19gProtein: 20g
Need some more gluten free dinner or brunch inspiration?
If you want to have a go at some of the other easy gluten free meal recipes on the blog, why not give some of these a try? Some are vegan, some are dairy free and all of them are gluten free, but they’re all delicious!
- For dinner: My easy gluten free frittata with chorizo, asparagus and goats’ cheese
- Brunch: Gluten free chorizo and sweetcorn hash
- For dinner: Gluten free Mexican frittata recipe
- Brunch: Gluten free bread baskets with bacon crumble
If you do make this recipe please let me know! I’d love to see your photos using #theglutenfreeblogger, share them in my Facebook group or tag me on Instagram. And if you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next! Oh – and don’t forget to sign up for my e-newsletter where you’ll know about all my latest posts and competitions first!