This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
If you want a quick and easy dinner recipe you're going to love my gluten free Salmon Crème Fraîche Pasta recipe.
This simple dish can be whipped up in the time it takes for the gluten free pasta to cook.
So if like me you're a big fan of a 15-minute dinner, this is the meal for you.
I love to whip up this kind of dinner on a busy weeknight - you know the kind when you just don't have the time or energy to cook?
You only need a few simple ingredients and it's so tasty - a lovely creamy sauce with the zest of the lemon and the smoky fish.
I could eat this most nights and it's also a great lunch to whip up if you're working from home because it's so quick.
Ingredients for this Salmon Pasta
There's a full printable recipe card with the full ingredients list, quantities and method below.
However here are a few notes on some of the main ingredients in case you wanted to make any substitutions.
- Gluten Free Pasta - I tend to use the supermarket pastas because they're pretty affordable but I also love the Juvela pasta you can order online. There are loads of gluten free pasta options and it doesn't matter which shape you fancy. This recipe works with everything from pasta twists to spaghetti!
- Hot Smoked Salmon - I absolutely love the flavour of hot smoked salmon and it adds a lovely depth to this dish. That being said, any pre-cooked salmon will work or you could even use classic smoked salmon if you prefer.
- Frozen Peas - I love the pop of colour these add and they also help you get in a portion of veg. You could easily change this up or remove them, but for me peas work the best in this pasta dish.
- Full Fat Crème Fraîche - It's essential you use the full fat stuff as the light stuff might split or just turn out completely different. This adds a delicious creaminess to the sauce without it being too heavy like when you use cream.
Don't forget the full ingredients list is in the recipe card at the bottom of this page.
Can I make this recipe dairy free?
I've not tried to make this recipe dairy free before and the only dairy free crème fraîche I've found is Oatly which is NOT gluten free.
However you could try using a dairy free cream cheese instead and it would achieve similar results.
If so I recommend using the Violife one as it's texture and taste is by far the best dairy free cream cheese I've found!
How to make my Salmon Crème Fraîche Pasta
Making this gluten free pasta dish honestly could not be any easier.
To time it right, get a pan of salted water boiling and then add the gluten free pasta.
Then while the pasta is cooking, fry off the garlic then add the sauce ingredients and heat through until the pasta is cooked.
Stir it all together and you've got a really simple gluten free dinner ready in 15 minutes!
If you want to make it a bit more 'saucy' you can also add a spoonful of the pasta's cooking water into the sauce.
The starch in the water helps the sauce coat the pasta and it gives it a silky, creamy texture.
Don't forget cooking gluten free pasta is different to normal pasta so it's important to cook then pack instructions.
Make sure you drain it off as soon as it's cooked too otherwise it'll turn into sludge!
My Salmon Crème Fraîche Pasta recipe
Here it is, my super speedy gluten free Salmon Crème Fraîche Pasta recipe, ready in just 15 minutes.
This recipe makes enough for 2 people but is easy to scale up or down depending on how many people you're cooking for.
And if you loved it, please do leave a review to let others know you loved it too! It would mean the world to me.
- 250g gluten free pasta
- 2 fillets of hot smoked salmon
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g frozen peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 200g full fat crème fraîche
- Boil a pan of salted water and get the gluten free pasta on to cook as per the pack instructions. While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce.
- Remove the skin from the smoked salmon fillets and roughly chop the fish. Set to one side.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan and place on a low heat. Add the garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes until it softens.
- Add the frozen peas, lemon juice and crème fraîche to the pan and mix together until combined. Heat for 4-5 minutes, then add the smoked salmon chunks. Stir well.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain and add to the frying pan. Mix well and serve straight away with a sprinkle of chives on top.
This gluten free pasta dish is best eaten fresh- I wouldn't recommend reheating.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 714Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 1046mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g
Need some more gluten free meal inspiration?
If you want to have a go at some of the other easy gluten free dinner recipes on the blog, why not give some of these a try?
They’re perfect for creating delicious comfort food when you need it!
And if you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next!
Like this Salmon Crème Fraîche Pasta recipe?
Make sure you pin these recipe cards below for later!
Do head over and follow me on Pinterest too for more gluten free recipe inspiration.