I've wanted to make gluten free white chocolate and raspberry muffins for a long time. I always stare at them longingly through the counter in Costa Coffee, dreaming of what they would taste like. So I decided enough was enough, it was time to make my own gluten free version, pronto!
These gluten free white chocolate and raspberry muffins are the perfect combination of sweet, with the white chocolate, and tang from the raspberries.
To be honest, I think white chocolate and raspberry might actually be the best flavour combination ever. And in muffin form, it's even better.
The basis for this recipe is super easy - essentially whizz it all up, fold in the raspberries and white chocolate, and then bake!
You start them off in a hotter oven, as this helps the muffins to rise quicker, and then turn it down a little for the main section of the baking.
These muffins are amazing when they're still a bit warm from the oven, as you get the gooey, melty bits of chocolate.
Tips for making the best gluten free muffins
In this recipe, you can use plain white gluten free flour mix, such as FREEE by Doves Farm, Juvela's white mix, Sainsbury's own flour, or the Schar white mix.
You can get these in pretty much all supermarkets, so shop around and see which one you prefer! I use xantham gum in pretty much all my gluten free baking now, as I think it gives it a much nicer texture.
For the raspberries, I used fresh, as I found these give a lovely pop of colour and work really well. I've not tried this with frozen raspberries, so I'm not too sure how it would work.
If you give it a go, do let me know how you got on in the comments below!
When I bake mine, I like to do it in tulip muffin cases like these*, as I think they look super pretty!
They also help the muffins to rise into a nice shape - I've used cupcake cases before but they kind of spill over as they rise!
Need more gluten free muffin recipes?
Now I've made these gluten free raspberry and white chocolate muffins, I'm wondering what muffins I should try next?
I've been trying a few gluten free blueberry muffin recipes as well, but am finding them harder to get right.
Perhaps I'll save giving those another go until the summer when they're in season!
I recently also made some gluten free triple chocolate muffins, and I'd love to try a lemon and poppyseed muffin too, but if you have any requests, let me know in the comments!
My gluten free white chocolate and raspberry muffins
Okay, okay, you've waited long enough! Here is my gluten free white chocolate and raspberry muffins recipe!
- 100 g unsalted butter, (softened)
- 175 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 140 g natural yoghurt, (I used full fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 250 g plain gluten free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 150 g fresh raspberries
- 100 g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200'C and place 12 muffin cases in a 12-hole muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, yoghurt, milk and vanilla extract and mix again until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and xantham gum. Fold in using a wooden spoon or spatula until combined. Pour in the raspberries and white chocolate chips and fold in gently until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cases, and then place in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes and then turn the temperature down to 180'C. Bake for a further 15-18 minutes and remove from the oven. They should be golden on top and a skewer in the centre should come out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack before eating. Will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days after baking, but best served slightly warm from the oven.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 muffins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Carbohydrates: 38.7gProtein: 3.1g
Need some more baking inspiration?
If you want to have a go at some of the other gluten free baking recipes on the blog, why not give some of these a try?
If you do make this recipe please let me know! I’d love to see your photos using #theglutenfreeblogger, share them in my Facebook group or tag me on Instagram. And if you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next! Oh – and don’t forget to sign up for my e-newsletter where you’ll know about all my latest posts and competitions first!
Like this recipe? Make sure you pin this recipe card below for later!