This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small comission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
If you're a chocolate fan, then these gluten free triple chocolate muffins are the perfect recipe to satisfy your cravings!
Light and fluffy gluten free chocolate muffins with white, milk and dark chocolate chunks - these are a real crowd pleaser, and just like the (gluteny) muffins you find in coffee shops!
After the amazing response I got from my gluten free white chocolate and raspberry muffins recipe I posted last week, I was really keen to try some more flavours. I asked on my Instagram which flavour gluten free muffins I should make next and a chocolate version was hotly requested! And so, my friends, here you have it - my gluten free triple chocolate muffins recipe is now here!
I wanted these gluten free triple chocolate muffins to be really easy to make, and I think I've cracked it with my foolproof gluten free muffin mix.
It's the same recipe base as the white chocolate and raspberry ones, which makes a really light and fluffy muffin. However, this substitutes some of the flour for cocoa powder, and has a delicious mix of white, dark and milk chocolate chips.
Making the perfect gluten free muffins
One thing which is essential with muffins is getting the high rise. For my batter, I use plain gluten free flour and baking powder, as well as a little xantham gum, which I use in all my cake recipes.
This gives them a really nice 'normal' texture. I then cook these gluten free triple chocolate muffins on a higher heat for five minutes, before reducing the heat slightly for the rest of the bake.
This helps them to rise quickly, and then continue to cook until you take them out, without burning.
My favourite way to eat these muffins is when they have cooled down a little, but are still warm. This means the chocolate chunks inside are still a little melted and they're just delicious.
I mean, is there actually anything better than melted chocolate!? I think not. When I bake mine, I like to do it in tulip muffin cases like these*, as I think they look super pretty! They also help the muffins to rise into a nice shape - I've used cupcake cases before but they kind of spill over as they rise!
My gluten free triple chocolate muffins recipe
Okay, you've waited long enough - here is my gluten free triple chocolate muffins recipe! I can't wait for you to try and it and I really hope you love them as much as I do.
- 100 g unsalted butter, (softened)
- 175 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 140 g natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp milk
- 210 g plain gluten free flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- 50 g white chocolate chips
- 50 g milk chocolate chips
- 50 g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200'C and place 12 muffin cases in a 12-hole muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, yoghurt and milk and mix again until combined.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and xantham gum. Fold in using a wooden spoon or spatula until combined. Then pour in the chocolate chips and stir in until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin cases, and then place in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes and then turn the temperature down to 180'C. Bake for a further 15-18 minutes and remove from the oven. They should be golden on top and a skewer in the centre should come out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack before eating. Will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days after baking, but best served slightly warm from the oven.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 12 muffins
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Carbohydrates: 59gProtein: 3.8g
Need some more gluten free baking inspiration?
Want to have a go at some of the other gluten free baking recipes on the blog? Why not give some of these a try? There are plenty to choose from!
- Gluten free raspberry and white chocolate muffins
- Gluten free lime and coconut loaf cake
- Gluten free caramel latte cake
If you do make this recipe please let me know! I’d love to see your photos using #theglutenfreeblogger, share them in my Facebook group or tag me on Instagram. And if you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next! Oh – and don’t forget to sign up for my e-newsletter where you’ll know about all my latest posts and competitions first!