Ever heard of gluten free slutty brownies? Well, if not, you're about to have a culinary education because these are something everyone should know about.
Imagine a cookie dough base, topped with gluten free 'Oreos' and smothered in fudgy brownie - and that, my friends, is a slutty brownie.
After making gluten free Creme Egg slutty brownies for Easter, I knew I would have to give some classic gluten free slutty brownies a go next.
And now there are gluten free Oreo alternatives in Tesco, Asda and by Schar, it seemed like the perfect sign to give them a go. And it was SO worth it!
'Why on earth are they called slutty brownies?’ I hear you ask.
These delicious goodies, first invented by (I think) The Londoner, are named slutty brownies because they are just filthy!
I’ve been dying to make a gluten free version for ages and they really did live up to all my expectations!
Cookie dough Oreo brownies!?
The idea of making a three-layer brownie might sound complicated, but honestly these are quite simple.
First you make the cookie dough base, which is a simple one-bowl recipe.
Push this down into a lined tin and then cover it with the gluten free 'Oreos'.
Once baked, these gluten free slutty brownies are the perfect sweet treat.
You'll get a crunch from the cookies to match with the soft cookie dough and the fudgy brownie.
I'm not going to lie, these are definitely perfect for someone with a sweet tooth.
I cut them into squares but normally end up eating half at a time, whereas my boyfriend Steve scoffs two at a time!
My gluten free slutty brownies recipe
So here is it, the one you've been waiting for - my gluten free slutty brownies recipe. I really hope you enjoy baking it - don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and use #theglutenfreeblogger if you give this a go!
For the cookie dough:
- 110 g unsalted butter, (room temperature)
- 50 g soft light brown sugar
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 275 g plain gluten free flour
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
- 2 packs gluten free 'Oreo' cookies
For the brownie:
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 170 g unsalted butter
- 250 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 90 g plain gluten free flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 170'C and grease and line a 20cm square baking tin. Set aside.
For the cookie dough:
- Mix the butter and sugars in a mixing bowl with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix again until combined.
- Add the flour and, using a wooden spoon mix until fully combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix to distribute them evenly throughout the mix. Turn the cookie dough out into the lined tray and press down evenly to cover the bottom.
- Lay the Oreos on top of the cookie, pressing down gently. You want them to cover the cookie doughs to you might have to cut some in half if they don't fit perfectly to ensure an even coverage.
For the brownie:
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and melt over a bowl of boiling water. Once melted set aside to cool slightly while you start the rest of the recipe. Melt the butter in the microwave and add to a large mixing bowl with the sugar. Using an electric whisk, mix together until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the sugar/butter mix. Continue to mix with electric whisker for a minute until the mixture pales and starts to go fluffy. Add the chocolate to the mix - make sure it is warm but not too hot or it will cook the eggs (not good!). Using a spatula fold the chocolate in and mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and fold the dry ingredients into the mix gently. You don't want to over mix. Once combined, pour over the cookie dough and Oreos and gently spread the mix until the eggs are covered and it's smooth and even.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 40 minutes. The top of the brownie might appear a little wobbly still but this will set when it cools - you want them to be super fudgy! Leave to cool completely (overnight is best!) before cutting into 16 squares and serving!
Need more gluten free baking inspiration?
If you’ve got the gluten free baking vibe and you want to try some other gluten free brownies and sweet treats, here are a few recipes to get you going!
- My gluten free Creme Egg slutty brownies
- My gluten free millionaire's shortbread brownies
- Gluten free millionaire's shortbread
- Gluten free citrus drizzle cake
If you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next!
Oh – and don’t forget to sign up for my e-newsletter where you’ll know about all my latest posts and finds!