This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small comission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
There's nothing quite as comforting as chicken soup - and my slow cooker chicken noodle soup is an absolute game changer.
For starters, it is the easiest soup recipe every with absolutely minimal effort.
Secondly, it tastes incredible and thirdly, it's ideal for meal prepping or batch cooking. What more could you need!?
I'm a huge believer that chicken soup is the best thing to eat when you're feeling under the weather.
It just tastes super nourishing, and full of goodness.
Making your own chicken soup is easy and I've recently discovered that adding noodles makes it one million times better! Trust me on that.
An easy slow cooker meal
The best thing about my gluten free chicken noodle soup?
It takes minimal effort because you make it in the slow cooker!
I've recently discovered my slow cooker is just the best thing ever when it comes to batch cooking and meal prep.
You just chuck everything in and a few hours later, voila, dinner is served.
The best way to make this slow cooker chicken noodle soup is to cook everything up together in the slow cooker and then add the noodles around five minutes before serving.
Otherwise the noodles will disintegrate and you'll end up with a mush.
I use gluten free rice noodles - I prefer the ribbon variety but any will do.
You can pick these up in most supermarkets and they're fairly easy to find.
For the stock I usually use a gluten free Knorr stock pot.
However, you can also make your own stock by boiling down a roast chicken carcass which makes it even more nourishing!
I often make my own stock and freeze it but this time I had run out - plus I love the flavour of the Knorr stock.
Check out my guide to gluten free gravy and stock cubes if you need some alternatives!
My slow cooker chicken noodle soup recipe
So if you're after a quick and easy gluten free meal idea, you have to give my gluten free chicken noodle soup a go.
It makes enough for four people, or you can also freeze it so you have a quick meal if you're short on time!
And if you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next!
Oh – and don’t forget to sign up for my e-newsletter where you’ll know about all my latest posts and competitions first!
- 1.5 litres gluten free chicken stock, (I used Knorr made with 2 stock pots)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 carrots, (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 celery sticks, (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, (peeled and chopped)
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 150 g gluten free rice noodles, (uncooked)
- Fresh parsley, (chopped - for topping)
- Place the chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker. Then place the chopped carrots, celery and garlic cloves on top. Bunch the thyme and rosemary together with some string and place on top.
- Pour over the chicken stock so everything is covered, place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on high OR 6-8 hours on low. Feel free to stir occasionally if you wish, or just leave the whole thing to cook overnight/while at work.
- Once cooked, remove the herb bundle and then use two forks to shred the chicken. Next, add the rice noodles, ensure they are submerged and replace the lid for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and stir the (now cooked) noodles into the soup.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired, top with some fresh chopped parsley and serve hot.
This soup can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days or frozen for up to six months.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 portion
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 640mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 30g
Need some more gluten free recipe inspiration?
Want to have a go at making some more easy gluten free recipes?
Give some of these other gluten free recipes a try! There are plenty to choose from – here are a couple to get you going:
- Fiery carrot, ginger and chilli soup
- Vegan chickpea and sweetcorn fritters
- Curried potato soup with garlic croutons