Wimbledon is here which means it's the season of strawberries and cream and Pimms. So it seemed the perfect time to share with you my easy gluten free strawberry and Pimms cheesecake pudding! Unlike a set cheesecake, this is a bowl of deliciously light yet boozy goodness, perfect to scoff on a sunny summer's evening. Or during the day in front of the tennis!
Want to get straight to it? Skip to the recipe.
A confession before we go any further: I am not a tennis fan myself. However, I am a huge Pimms fan, so I thought this would be a good excuse to break it out! In fact, I'm pretty sure the only way you could get me to watch the tennis is to sit me down in front of it with a jug of Pimms and one of these gluten free strawberry and Pimms cheesecakes. Suddenly the idea seems rather appealing!
And for those of you wondering, you'll be pleased to know that yes, Pimms is gluten free! So that's even more reason to celebrate by going out to buy some, right!? Not that I really need much of an excuse! Plus this gluten free strawberry and Pimms cheesecake recipe only uses 150ml of Pimms which means you can grab a jug, some lemonade and some cucumber and make up the rest as a drink to enjoy alongside your dessert. Bliss.
The perfect gluten free dessert
So why do I call this a 'cheesecake pudding'? I guess I felt that it is not technically a cheesecake. At least, not in the way I imagine a cheesecake, as something you chill and then serve up in slices. This gluten free strawberry and Pimms cheesecake is served in glasses, so you can just tuck straight in. It still has the (buttery biscuit) base, and then the cream cheese topping, but it's just not something you can slice up. I think this way is much more fun!
The cream cheese is also whipped up with Greek yoghurt, which I love because it makes it really light and easy to eat. And more importantly, this means you can eat more of it. That's got to be a bonus, right!? If you really didn't like Pimms (or don't drink alcohol) you could make this with normal strawberries and it would still be delicious. I just love the boozy hit you get from the soaked fruit!
My gluten free strawberry and Pimms cheesecake recipe
Here it is, my gluten free strawberry and Pimms cheesecake! The perfect, easy gluten free dessert recipe for a summer's day. I love seeing it when you make my recipes, so don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and use #theglutenfreeblogger if you give this a go!
- 200 g strawberries
- 150 ml Pimms
- 80 g gluten free digestive biscuits
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 100 g full fat cream cheese
- 100 g full fat Greek yoghurt
- Hull the strawberries and cut them in half. Place in a bowl with the Pimms and leave to soak overnight. (If you don't have that much time, an hour or two will do).
- Place the digestives in a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into crumbs. Split the crumbs between the two bowls and gently flatten them down to level.
- In a blender add ⅔ of the soaked strawberries, 2 tbsp of the Pimms, the Greek yoghurt, cream cheese and icing sugar. Blend until full mixed together then evenly pour between the two bowls, on top of the biscuit base.
- Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to chill. To serve, top with the leftover strawberries. I saved the Pimms and made the rest up into a drink to have alongside them - waste not, want not!
Need some more gluten free dessert inspiration?
Want to have a go at some of the other gluten free dessert recipes on the blog? Give some of these other gluten free recipes a try! There are plenty to choose from – here are a couple to get you going:
- Gluten free toffee apple upside-down cake
- Gluten free jam roly poly pudding
- My gluten and dairy free carrot and walnut cake
If you do make this recipe please let me know! I’d love to see your photos using #theglutenfreeblogger, share them in my Facebook group or tag me on Instagram. And if you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next! Oh – and don’t forget to sign up for my e-newsletter where you’ll know about all my latest posts and competitions first!
Like this recipe? Make sure you pin this recipe card below for later!