Ok, so today I went on a bit of a mission in the kitchen (see crumble recipe coming soon!) and I decided to make stuffed mushrooms for tea!
The large flat mushrooms you can buy are so versatile, and you can stuff them with just about anything!
I have used a mixture of things to stuff mine with (see recipe below) but if you're vegetarian you could try:
- (Gluten free) bread crumbs and garlic butter
- Peppers, tomatoes, onion, garlic and fresh basil
- Stilton, Walnuts and tomatoes
If you can't have dairy or lactose, you can leave out the cheese, or substitute for goats cheese if it's just cow's milk that you can't have.
But enough of me rambling, I know you all want the recipe so here it is!
2 Large mushrooms (per person)
Small red onion
2 slices of gluten free bread
Salt and pepper
- Chop up the bacon, tomatoes and onion into small pieces
- Crumble the slices of bread to create breadcrumbs, and put in a mixing bowl
- Add the bacon, onion, tomatoes and mozzerella to the mixture
- Once mixed together, stuff the mixture into the mushrooms
- Bake in the oven for approx 30 mins at 180'c (gas 4)
- Remove when the breadcrumbs have turned brown and the bacon is cooked, and enjoy!
TIP: If you like your bacon crispy, fry it first so that it crisps up in the oven. Serve with rice, quinoa or salad.