Continuing my week of gluten free Christmas party food, I’m bringing you my gluten free halloumi and bacon bites recipe!
Chunks of halloumi wrapped in streaky bacon, these are an awesome twist on a classic pigs in blankets recipe. They’re also amazing served with sweet chilli sauce for dipping!
There’s something super exciting about gluten free party food – mainly because it normally feels out of bounds.
So having a recipe like these gluten free halloumi and bacon bites which can be enjoyed by everyone just makes it super easy. It’s a naturally gluten free recipe and really quick and easy to throw together.
An easy gluten free party food recipe
So what makes up my gluten free halloumi and bacon bites? Well, it’s quite simple really – bacon and halloumi!
While they look super delicious and yummy, there’s really nothing more to them than that. And that’s what makes them so great!
They can be thrown together in just five minutes and cook in 15 – meaning they’re a great last-minute make if you’re invited to a party. And who doesn’t love halloumi? It’s gluten free and delicious paired with streaky bacon.
So what can you eat these gluten free halloumi and bacon bites with? I paired mine with a sweet chilli dipping sauce which I picked up in the supermarket.
However, some other great options for dips would be:
- Spicy Ketchup – mix some ketchup with a dash of hot sauce for a fiery dip with a hint of sweetness.
- Garlic mayo – you could either pre-buy this or make your own by mixing mayonnaise with some garlic-infused olive oil.
- Cranberry and orange dip – my new favourite festive dip! Simply add the juice of one large orange to 2-3 tbsp of cranberry sauce, bring to the boil while mixing in a saucepan and then decant into a little serving bowl. Serve warm or keep in the fridge and serve cold.
My halloumi and bacon bites recipe
So what else could you include in a gluten free Christmas party platter with my halloumi and bacon bites?
You could definitely pair them with my gluten free turkey and cranberry parcels – they’d made a fabulous spread!
They’d also be a lovely pairing with some gluten free sausage rolls, and you could use the same dipping sauce for both!
- 400 g halloumi cheese
- 16 rashers unsmoked streaky bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200'C/Gas 6. Line a baking tray with some baking paper and set aside.
- Cut the halloumi cheese in 16 - you want to create 16 'sticks' so cut the cheese in half lengthways and then divide each half into eight.
- Wrap each halloumi piece with a rasher of streaky bacon and secure with a cocktail stick. Place on the baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes in a hot oven, until the bacon starts to crisp.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Can keep in the fridge for 2-3 days and be reheated before serving if you're making it ahead of time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 387mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 10g
Need some more gluten free party food inspiration?
Want to have a go at making some more easy gluten free snacks and party foods? Give some of these other gluten free recipes a try! There are plenty to choose from – here are a couple to get you going:
- Gluten free sausage rolls recipe
- Easy gluten free toasts – three ways
- Tear and share brie and cranberry bread recipe
- Gluten free turkey and cranberry parcels
And if you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next! Oh – and don’t forget to sign up for my e-newsletter where you’ll know about all my latest posts and competitions first!