I had a request on Twitter for more healthy meals which aren't just chicken - so when I found a gorgeous looking fillet of pork reduced in Tesco, it just begged to be bought!
I didn't want just boring pork roast, so PT Steve and I decided to mix things up with some Chinese flavouring and treat ourselves to a small amount of rice noodles as we've dropped the carbs for so long!
This was really delicious and the meat was incredible - such a tender cut and really lean so there was no wastage at all and I didn't have to trim any of the fat off.
Ideally, I would have left this to marinade overnight but as it was on it's sell by date and I was hungry, into the oven it went!
If you're being really strict, pile on the stir fry veg and ditch the rice noodles - we only had a small amount each, around 75g each.
This would be a great meal to share with friends....though we pigged the whole thing between two of us!
Chinese style roast pork
1 fillet of pork (we used Tesco Finest)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp gluten free soy sauce (try Sanchi's organice Tamari)
1 dessert spoon of honey
1 tsp chilli flakes
3 cloves garlic (crushed)
Drizzle of toasted sesame oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas 5.
- Drizzle the sesame oil in a baking tin to stop the pork sticking
- Mix the sesame seeds, chilli flakes, soy sauce, honey and crushed garlic into a bowl to form a marinade
- Place the pork fillet into the tray and pour the marinade over it
- Rub the marinade into the pork, making sure it is completely covered.
- Leave to stand for a while, or ideally leave in the fridge overnight to really soak up the marinade.
- Roast for 30 minutes
- Leave to rest for 5-10 minutes, slice and serve.
For the rice noodles....
100g rice noodles per person
1 tbsp soy sauce
Pack of mixed stir fry veg
tsp coconut oil
- Add the coconut oil and soy sauce to a wok and heat
- Stir fry the veg for 2-3 minutes on a high heat
- Add the rice noodles, stir fry for 2 minutes more and then serve under the pork
Simple, delicious and perfect for entertaining - this is a real winner!