With even less variation in my cupboard, my second day of holding myself captive from the snow required a bit more imagination.
I still had some of that yummy bolognese left, and to my excitement, I found some sweet potatoes lurking in the back of my cupboard that I had completely forgotten about.
I normally bake sweet potatoes but this time I took some inspiration from this great blog I found, The Good Mood Food Blog, and decided to have a go at making sweet potato wedges.
The recipe in the Good Mood Food Blog seemed pretty simple but sounded delicious!
I didn’t have as much in the way of herbs and spices in my cupboard, but here’s how I made my sweet potato wedges – which were delicious!
Sweet Potato Wedges
2 Sweet Potatoes
1 Clove Garlic
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into 8 wedges lengthways
- In an over proof tray or roasting tin, place the sweet potatoes and drizzle with oil
- Chop a clove of garlic extra fine (or crush – if you’re luckier than me and have a garlic crusher – oh student living!)
- Add the garlic to the tin, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a pre-heated over at Gas 7, for about 30-40 minutes.
- Toss regularly whilst cooking.
- I served mine with hot bolognese sauce – but these would also be great with chicken, salsa and sour cream, or on their own with a sprinkling of cheese!
- Add chilli for a fiery kick before roasting if desired!