This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
With even less variation in my cupboard, my second day of holding myself captive from the snow required a bit more imagination.
I still had some of that yummy bolognese left, and to my excitement, I found some sweet potatoes lurking in the back of my cupboard that I had completely forgotten about.
I normally bake sweet potatoes but this time I took some inspiration from this great blog I found, The Good Mood Food Blog, and decided to have a go at making sweet potato wedges.
The recipe in the Good Mood Food Blog seemed pretty simple but sounded delicious!
I didn't have as much in the way of herbs and spices in my cupboard, but here's how I made my sweet potato wedges - which were delicious!
Sweet Potato Wedges
2 Sweet Potatoes
1 Clove Garlic
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into 8 wedges lengthways
- In an over proof tray or roasting tin, place the sweet potatoes and drizzle with oil
- Chop a clove of garlic extra fine (or crush - if you're luckier than me and have a garlic crusher - oh student living!)
- Add the garlic to the tin, and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a pre-heated over at Gas 7, for about 30-40 minutes.
- Toss regularly whilst cooking.
- I served mine with hot bolognese sauce - but these would also be great with chicken, salsa and sour cream, or on their own with a sprinkling of cheese!
- Add chilli for a fiery kick before roasting if desired!