This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
If you used to love couscous, then this is the perfect alternative for you!
Quinoa is rich in protein, and I use it just like I used to use couscous! It's really good for you and so easy to make!
To prepare the quinoa, rinse the grain through cold water, then put in a saucepan with twice the amount of water to grains.
Cover with a lid and boil for around 10 minutes, until the grains so slightly see through and puff out a bit - et voila, your friendly couscous alternative!
Chicken and Feta Quinoa
Diced chicken breast
- Prepare the quinoa by placing in a saucepan with twice the amount of water (i.e. one cup of quinoa to 2 cups of water) and a pinch of salt, cover and boil for ten minutes
- Meanwhile, fry the diced chicken breast in a little olive oil
- Dice finely the red onion, cherry tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and leek, and add to the pan
- Fry for a couple of minutes until chicken is cooked through
- Drain the quinoa when ready of any remaining liquid and add to the fried chicken and veg
- Cube the feta and add to the pan, stir through on a low heat for a couple of minutes, then serve hot or cold!
For an alternative or to add more flavour, try adding a little soy sauce or boil the quinoa in stock rather than just plain water.
A great snack or meal, this is high in protein so is also great if you're exercising a lot and on a high protein diet!
[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Lidia Machado, nikki cranmer. nikki cranmer said: This looks good- I'm going to try it! :-)RT @GFBlogger : Quinoa with chicken, veg and feta!: http://wp.me/pzQdP-aa [...]
[...] try more recipes with quinoa, see my Quinoa with chicken, feta and mixed veg recipe, or my stuffed [...]
[…] it was probably much better for you anyway! I’ve made a few dishes with it, including quinoa with feta, chicken and veg; curried quinoa with salmon and quinoa with chicken, avo and spinach. Cooked with plenty of […]