This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
Ok, so the name lies a little in that there is so much more than just chicken, avocado and spinach mixed in with this yummy quinoa dish!
Deliciously healthy, full of veg (got to be at least 2 of your 5-a-day, surely!?) low in salt and high in protein, this delicious meal is a great quick fix!
After a very sad look at my unhealthy student diet, I am once again trying to find healthy alternatives!
This week, I have had the realisation that I eat far too much salt.
If is reading this, she will currently be scoffing and pulling her "I told you so" face!
However, in a bid to try and curb my unhealthy salt-scoffing patterns, I have decided not to buy any for my kitchen this year!
That's right, I'm living in a salt free (ish!) world!
So before this phase ends, here's a delicious recipe for you that will tantalize your taste-buds and leave you with some get-up-and-go!
Quinoa with Chicken, Avo, Spinach and More! (Serves 1-2 people)
¾ cup of quinoa
1 ½ cups water
1 chicken breast
80g frozen chopped spinach
½ small tin sweetcorn
½ yellow pepper
½ tin of chopped tomatoes
3 spring onions
- Rinse the quinoa then place it in a pan of boiling water with the lid of for 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Meanwhile, chop the spring onions finely and dice the chicken into small chunks.
- Fry the chicken and spring onions in the olive oil for a couple of minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the frozen spinach, peppers and tinned tomatoes (without too much of the juice!)
- Stir until the spinach is defrosted, then add the pepper (chopped finely) and the sweetcorn, and mix.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, drain off any excess water and add the quinoa to the chicken and veg.
- Stir well, add the avocado and leave on the heat for another minute.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you fancy some extra flavour, try adding a generous helping of black pepper, or a light sprinkle of chilli flakes for a bit of a kick!