This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small comission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
So today has been a very successful day! Have received a lovely selection of samples from Juvela today to review, and some beautiful treats from Steph's Free From Cakes, reviews will be posted up soon!
For dinner tonight I decided to opt for Risotto. It's such an easy and versatile dish, and perfect for Coeliacs who want a bit of comfort from their meal.
Here's a little creation I threw together off the top of my head, and it certainly made for a wonderful combination!
Leek, Bacon and Red Wine Risotto (Serves 1)
250ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock (I used chicken stock)
125g Arborio Risotto Rice
3 Rashers of Streaky Bacon
1 Clove of Garlic
Olive Oil for frying
Fresh grated parmesan to serve.
- Chop up the leek and streaky bacon, and add to a pan. Fry with a little olive oil and a crushed clove or garlic
- When the bacon is cooked to your liking, add the rice
- Stir until the rice is coated in oil
- Add the chicken stock and stir
- Simmer for approximately 15 minutes until the rice is al dente
- Serve with grated parmesan sprinkled on top for a warm, hearty dish