It would seem this week that a number of "Freefrom" oat products have been recalled from the supermarket shelves.
The product recalls from Co-op, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's and Delicious Alchemy have been reported on the Coeliac UK website.
The following products have been recalled due to potential low levels of gluten or contamination of the products:
- Tesco Free From Pure Oat Fruit Muesli 450g (Best Before 20/05/2012, 22/05/2012, 18/06/2012, 19/06/2012)
- Tesco Free From Pure Porridge Oats 450g (Best Before 22/07/2012, 25/07/2012, 17/08/2012, 18/08/2012, 08/09/2012)
- Sainsbury's Freefrom Pure Oats 450g (All best before dates for July, August and September 2012.)
- Gluten Free Rolled Oats - best before 04/08/2012, 05/09/2012, 06/09/2012.
- Original Gluten Free Purely Oaty Fruity Nut Muesli - best before 04/08/2012, 05/09/2012, 06/09/2012.
- Asda Chosen By You Oat Muesli 450G (Free From) Date code: 03-08-2012, £2.38, Barcode: 0505244901084-8
- Asda Chosen By You Porridge Oats 450G (Free From) Date code: 02-08-2012 and 07-09-2012, £2.98, Barcode: 0505244901083-1
- The Co-operative Free From Pure Oat Muesli, 450g - Best before: 22 July 2012
If anyone has purchased any of these products then please do not eat them and return them to the store where they were purchased.
It's times like these that I feel relieved to have given up oats, including the branded "Free from" products.
Following on from my oat detox which some of you may remember, I haven't really consumed any oats since, and have been feeling a lot better.
I don't really miss oats from my diet, and have found that not avoiding them has left me feeling less bloated and uncomfortable.
I don't know about anyone else, but I have found that even the specifically gluten-free oats still make me feel, for want of a better word, a bit crappy!
Has anyone else found this? Does anyone have a problem with oats or do you avoid them completely? Comment below and let me know!