If there's one thing I love more than risotto, it's seafood! I absolutely love any kind of seafood from prawns to scallops and octopus - you name it and I will happily scoop it up off the plate and eat it!
So when I passed the fish counter in Asda, I couldn't help but shimmy back and grab a pack of seafood mix. I decided to combine my two passions - seafood and risotto, to make this yummy dish!
Seafood Risotto (Serves 1)
125g Arborio rice
250ml chicken or fish stock (I used chicken for this one)
1 small red onion (chopped)
Cooked Mixed Seafood (I used prawns, shrimps, mucles and squid rings)
- Fry the red onion in a little olive oil
- Add a generous splash of wine and the rice. Stir through until the rice is coated with the oil and wine
- Add the stock and leave to simmer until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add lemon juice and salt & pepper to season
- Add the seafood, and stir through until piping hot.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon to squeeze over the top for that mediterraenan feel!