This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
Ok, so you don't have to eat this before the gym, but when I had my gym induction yesterday, I wanted something relatively healthy and fulfilling to fuel up!
So, minus the butter (unless you use organic butter, which I'm told is good because it has omega's in it which are great for you!) it is a heealthy dish!
The protein in the chicken will leave you feeling full, and the rice will give you some energy to pound that treadmill!
Chicken, rice and mushroom butter (Serves 1)
1 large chicken breast
50g basmati rice
2 large mushrooms
2 spring onions
a knob of butter
1 clove of garlic
- Bake the chicken breast in the oven for around 30-40 minutes, (TIP: If you want to add some extra flavour, try rubbing chilli flakes and olive oil into it before baking!)
- Meanwhile, cook the rice as per the cooking instructions (usually around 8-10 minutes in lightly salted water)
- Finely slice the mushrooms, olives and the spring onions
- Add the butter to the pan and melt on a low heat
- Crush the garlic into the butter then add the mushrooms, olives and spring onions
- Lightly fry on a low heat until the mushrooms are soft
- Strain the rice, and place on a plate with the cook chicken
- Spread the mushroom-mix over the meal, and enjoy!
TIP: Make sure if you are going to the gym that you eat at least an hour before going!