This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
The winter is definitely starting to creep in.
The wind is whipping the leaves round the trees, the evening is beginning to darken already, and the garden is littered with apples.
So what better way to banish those winter blues than with a warming apple and pear crumble, a dollop of ice cream, and a mug of hot chocolate.
I made this delicious crumble last weekend (we have apple pie this week, but I am yet to taste that before I blog it!) and have decided it was simply too good not to share the recipe.
I used dark sugar to sweeten the sharp tang of the apples, and added some pears for a more subtle taste.
Pears are my absolute favourite fruit in crumbles, their sweet lovliness is perfect combined with the apples - add a few cloves for that warm, comforting taste.
This recipe made a crumble that served 5 hungry people!
5oz Dove's Farm Plain White Flour Blend
3oz Caster Sugar
3 large apples
2oz Dark brown sugar
4 whole cloves
- Preheat the oven to Gas 4.
- Add the flour, butter and caster sugar to a large mixing bowl and use your fingers to bind the mixture until it appears almost like breadcrumbs.
- Peel and chop the apples and pears and place in the bottom of a large over-proof dish.
- Add the brown sugar and cloves to the apples and pears and mix together so all of the fruit it coated.
- Cover the fruit with the crumble mix and bake for around 45 minutes until the crumble is golden brown.
- Enjoy with ice cream or a dollop of clotted cream for a real treat!
It's incredibly hard to beat a crumble - this one looks delicious! I;ve never done one with pear actually.
this recipe popped up at just the right time for the Sunday roast pudding, had some home grown pears and apples handy, added a little flaked buckwheat just because I had it, can't wait to eat with some clotted cream! thanks very much, I usually guess at my crumble recipe but this one looks great.
Sounds delicious! I'll be adding this to my To Do list - thanks.
Looks stunning! I'll have this come Winter! Fun thing about it is it's gluten-free 🙂
Hi, is the Apple and Pear crumble made with Gluten Free plain flour?