This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
Gluten free Creme Egg brownies is a recipe I've been meaning to try out for a long, long time.
It always feels like the Easter Eggs appear on the shelves far too early (I mean come on, Boxing Day!?) and they're gone before you know it.
So this year I decided to get in super early and make my gluten free Creme Egg brownies. And boy, am I glad I did!
Why not make one GIANT gluten free brownie for everyone to enjoy!?
The best gluten free brownies for Easter
The recipe for these gluten free brownies is the same base recipe as my gluten free millionaire's shortbread brownies I posted last week.
The exception, however, is that these brownies have no shortbread or caramel.
Instead they are laden with Creme Egg halves!
They're perfectly fudgy and the Creme Eggs provide a great texture, with the solid shell and gooey centre.
Eat them warm and they are simply DIVINE.
A great gluten free Easter bake
A word of warning: if you don't have a sweet tooth, don't make these brownies.
They're so indulgent and chocolately and delicious - and super sweet too.
I cut mine into 12 but not being the biggest sweet tooth in the house, I'll probably eat them half a slice at a time.
Steve, however, will probably demolish about six in one go as he is a huge Creme Egg fan!
Tips for making my gluten free Creme Egg brownies
When it comes to making these, I have a few tips and tricks.
Cutting the Creme Eggs can be a little tricky as they're fairly solid.
Don't worry too much if they break up, I personally think it adds to the charm if the brownies aren't completely perfect.
I found it easiest to kind of saw mine in half with a bread knife, but you could try heating the knife in hot water to make it easier to cut them!
When it comes to the brownie mixture, make sure the chocolate isn't too hot when you pour it in so that it doesn't start to cook the eggs.
Make sure you don't over-whisk the mixture too - you want to fold in the flour and the chocolate until it's just mixed and then stop. This creates the best texture!
Don't forget to chill!
One final tip: I found it easier to let these cool completely before cutting.
They're pretty fudgy brownies so they're quite soft.
I like my brownies gooey and delicious, so when they come out of the oven they may seem a little 'uncooked' compared to if you were making a cake.
Have faith - they'll firm up on cooling, but if you try to cut them up hot it won't end well!
My gluten free Creme Egg brownies recipe
So here you have it, the only Easter recipe you'll need! That being said, if you want a real feast you could make my gluten free Mini Egg cookies too and just pig out.
You can never have enough chocolate, so go crazy and make them all!
And please do leave a review to let others know you loved it too! It would mean the world to me.
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g milk chocolate
- 170 g unsalted butter
- 250 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 90 g gluten free plain flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 Cadbury Creme Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180'C. Line an 8-inch / 20cm square baking tin with baking paper and set aside. Break the chocolate into a bowl and melt over a bowl of boiling water. Once melted set aside to cool slightly while you start the rest of the recipe.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and add to a large mixing bowl with the sugar. Using an electric whisk, mix together until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the sugar/butter mix. Continue to mix with electric whisker for a minute until the mixture pales and starts to go fluffy.
- Add the chocolate to the mix - make sure it is warm but not too hot or it will cook the eggs (not good!). Using a spatula fold the chocolate in and mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Add the salt and then fold the dry ingredients into the mix gently. You don't want to over mix. Once combined, pour into the lined baking tin and spread out evenly.
- Place the brownies in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the Creme Eggs in half length-ways.
- After 15 minutes remove the brownies from the oven. Gently press the Creme Egg halves into the mixture cut side up. (spread them evenly and make sure they are not pressed in too far) Place back in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack completely before cutting them up and eating them!
Serving Size:1 square
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 4g
If you’ve got the gluten free baking vibe and you want to try some other recipes, here are a few to get you going!
If you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next!
Oh – and don’t forget to sign up for my e-newsletter where you’ll know about all my latest posts and finds!
Like this gluten free Creme Egg brownies recipe?
Make sure you pin this recipe card below for later!