This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
I can't get enough of risotto at the moment. It's so easy and simple to make, and uses as many or as little ingredients as you want it to! Tonight, I decided to make Mushroom and Tarragon risotto.
My Mum has started me on some sort of love affair with the herb tarragon - it has an anniseed flavour and goes amazingly well with chicken or mushrooms. Perfect with a chilled glass of white wine, here's what I threw together today!
Mushroom and Tarragon Risotto
One red onion
500ml Chicken stock
300g Arborio Rice
A splash of white wine
- Chop up the onion and mushrooms
- Add some olive oil to a pan and fry the onions and mushrooms for several minutes with the white wine and tarragon
- Add the Arborio rice and stir until it is coated in the oil
- Add the chicken stock, bring to the boil and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked to your liking
- Season with salt, pepper and some extra tarragon if needed, and serve with grated parmesan
There you go, a cheap and simple meal perfect for Coeliacs! Be careful that the chicken stock you use is gluten free, Knorr Chicken Stock Cubes are great coeliac-friendly essentials, and I would definitely reccommend!