This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for your support!
If you want an easy family dinner which involves minimal effort and minimal washing up, you'll love this One Pan Chilli Con Carne Pasta.
This one pan dinner combines two of my favourite meals: a cheesy gluten free pasta dish and chilli con carne.
Plus the pasta cooks in the sauce making it an absolute doddle, with a delicious cheesy topping too.
I love making this One Pan Chilli Con Carne Pasta as something a little bit different and it's always a great crowd-pleaser.
The sauce is packed with chopped peppers and tomatoes, meaning you get a veggie goodness kick in an otherwise indulgent-looking meal.
This one pan gluten free pasta dish is great sprinkled with crushed gluten free tortilla chips and you can even serve it with some salsa and sour cream.
If you're a fan of my gluten free chilli con carne then this absolutely has to be the next dish on your weekly menu!
Wait... who puts pasta in their chili?
Ok, so traditional chilli con carne is served with rice, or even put in a burrito or on top of nachos.
But since when did we always do things the 'correct' way around here!?
I love mixing things up and when you think how well a bolognese goes with pasta, this is essentially just a spicy version of that.
But before all the Italian readers come for me (sorry!) I urge you to at least try it.
Mixing up cuisines is always super fun and this Mexican-Italian fusion dish does work so well - just trust me!
Ingredients and Substitutions
There's a full printable recipe card below with the method and quantities, but here are a few notes on the key ingredients.
- Beef Mince: I always go for a 10% fat or more when it comes to beef mince (ground beef) as I find it gives a better flavour. That being said, you can go for a lean beef mince if you're watching the fat/calorie levels.
- Green Pepper: I love green pepper in this dish as it adds a lovely pop of colour. If you're not keen, red peppers (or any colour!) work just as well, as do mixed frozen peppers.
- Chopped Garlic and Chilli: I always have chopped garlic and chilli in the freezer as I am lazy and cook way too much to have to keep peeling garlic! I know, that may be super lazy, but you can use fresh alternatives if you prefer. The jarred garlic and chilli pastes also work just as well in the same quantities.
- Spices: I use chilli powder, cumin and paprika in this chilli con carne pasta. Mild is my preferred chilli powder, but use a hot one if you like it fiery.
- Beef Stock Pot: Some stocks do contain gluten so always make sure the one you're using is gluten free. I always use Knorr stock pots as they're certified gluten free.
- Gluten Free Pasta: Most shapes of gluten free pasta will work in this dish, but to avoid it breaking up too much I'd recommend a good quality brand. I really love the Napolina pasta - it's a bit pricier but in this sort of dish it holds it shape well and the texture is so good!
Is this chilli con carne pasta dairy free?
This Chilli Con Carne Pasta recipe is completely dairy free, aside from the cheese topping.
To make this recipe gluten free and dairy free simple use a dairy free cheese or just omit it from the dish.
My Chilli Con Carne Pasta Recipe
This recipe is bound to become a firm family favourite and serves four adults with a hearty portion.
You can freeze any leftovers - even better, freeze them in foil containers with the cheese on top and then reheat in the oven for a lovely crispy top.
And please do leave a review to let others know you loved it too! It would mean the world to me.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g beef mince (I go for 10% fat or above for taste!)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp chopped red chilli
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 gluten free beef stock pot
- 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 400g tin kidney beans (drained)
- 300g gluten free pasta of choice
- 400ml boiling water
- 2 large handfuls grated Cheddar cheese
- Gluten free tortilla chips (to serve)
- Add the oil to a large, lidded pan on a high heat then add the onions and beef mince. Fry, stirring well, until the mince has started to brown - about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, garlic and red chilli, mix well, then add the spices and stock pot. Keep frying on a high heat for another 4-5 minutes until the mince has completely browned.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans and water, mixing well.
- Bring to a boil, add the gluten free pasta and then place the lid on, cooking on a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender and cooked through. Try not to stir too much or the pasta may break up - just every few minutes to ensure it's not sticking.
- Once the pasta is cooked, turn off the heat, add the grated cheese and place the lid on the pan until the cheese melts (alternatively you can also grill it for a crispier cheese topping!)
- Once the cheese has melted, serve in bowls topped with crushed gluten free tortilla chips to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 666Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 14gSugar: 8gProtein: 49g
Need more gluten free dinner recipe inspiration?
Here are some more easy dinner recipes you can try out once you've made this Gluten Free One Pan Chilli Con Carne Pasta.
If you have any recipe suggestions, please let me know in the comments what you’d like to see next!
Like this One Pan Chilli Con Carne Pasta recipe?
Make sure you follow me on Pinterest and pin this recipe card below for later!